Google is a social network indexed by Google. Google give you a way for you to share what you like while searching with your friends right from the search page and choose who you share with and who you don’t share with. You can follow someones post and see who is following them.
If you are a small business you should start learning and working with G+ (Google Plus) for several reasons:
- Google has made several mistakes and learned a lot from them.
- Google has lots of money to “get it right” and is loosing to much money to Facebook (and is projected to loose more) to not compete in some way.
- Facebook had been sliding behind in the value of Business Pages that Google is working to fill.
- It integrates with Google organic search, right from the search page of Google in a way Facebook will never be able to because they are not Google.
- It give you another free platform of exposure for your business.
- The studied peoples organic search patterns; what Twitter did best and worse; what Facebook did best and worse; and are seriously listening to the customer in creating Google Plus.
- They already hooked into Mobile and connecting more and more of their business resources to Google Plus each day.
Setting up a Business Page on Google+
Before you set up a Google business page learn how to use it with a personal account. If you have a gmail account you can just sign-in with that then go to https://plus.google.com/ and join Google +
Take some time to learn it and just connect with friend then you can build a business page off by clicking on the text in the lower right hand corner that says: “Create a Google+ page” and fill it out.
Take some time and learn about Google+ as a consumer by watching the following videos and using it before you go too far with the business page. The get GREAT content on the business page before you invite people. Will being adding more to this page over time so check back or add in the comments resources you find helpful with Google +.
Getting started with your personal Google Profile:
Get started with a local Google+ page
Google Plus Support:
These resources created by:
Assistant Angel, Greg Hyer and Me – Martin Brossman
Join Martin Brossman, Greg Hyer and Angel Lebak by looking us up on Google + by name. You can also directly connect with Martin Brossman on Google Plus by this link: http://BrossmanOnGP.com
Get my latest books by searching Martin Brossman on Amazon: Social Media for Business written by me and Anora McGaha and Linking Into Sales produced by me and Greg Hyer
Martin Brossman 919 847-4757, Martin@CoachingSupport.com ProNetworkingOnLine.com Linkedin: BrossmanOnLI.com and to connect on linkedin use my above email. On Facebook: BrossmanOnFB.com, Twitter: BrossmanOnTW.com, on Youtube: BrossmanOnYT.com and on Google + BrossmanOnGP.com
Greg Hyer can be reached at HyerMedia.com and LinkingTheTriangle.com
On linkedin at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/greghyer AND Assistant Angel at: virtualassistantsocialmedia.com