Martin Brossman, professional speaker and networking coach, and Whitney Hill, Internet marketing consultant, have introduced ongoing networking meetings to be held at The Cardinal Club in Raleigh in Raleigh (originally at the Capitol City Club)on alternating Tuesday mornings from 7:30 am to 9:00 am. It began August 19th and meets every second and third Tuesday ongoingly. Admittance is complimentary for Club members. Guests should contact Whitney or Martin.
Traditional referral groups are businesses that meet on a regular basis to help each other get introduced to clients. This group is both a referral and an alliance-building group with guidance in on-line networking. Developing quality relationships on the web is similar to in-person networking, but also has important differences. Some new skills are required, as well as transferring the right existing skills. Imagine combining the power of in-person networking with the power of on-line networking and you get Professional Networking on the Web. It is a team of people sitting around a conference table with access to each other’s on-line connections, working together to enhance each other’s businesses.
The intention of this group is to teach members, through application, how to utilize the Internet as a resource for business introductions, developing the best methods of gathering information, and understanding what opportunities the Internet holds for business enhancement. Utilizing on-line resources and databases including Linkedin.com .
The prerequisite is a completed Linkedin account. A free account is sufficient. See Martin’s Linkedin profile:
Professional Networking on the Web SM
Basic Format of the Group:
– Restate purpose of meeting
– Introduce guests
– Training on professional technologies
– Regular business (closed)
– Who have you met new or what progress have you made since the last meeting?
– What is the company or contact or area you want new business in?
Prerequisites for being part of the group:
– A Linkedin profile set up
– Regular attendance – 80% or above
– Library card for database access
– New member approval by the advisory council
– Agreement to full confidentiality (you will not be asked to reveal client confidential information)
– Optional presence on other business / social media sites
This group is about building relationships, connections and
influence that leads to ongoing business.
Who we are seeing to connect to:
1) People moving up with ability and action.
2) People who have already “gotten there”.
3) Quality expert people worth finding.
4) Someone that you can actually do business with
Related Web Links:
Capitol City Club: http://www.capitalclub.com
Linkedin group connection:http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/783817
In the media:http://wake.mync.com/site/wake/Community/story/11074
The blog for this group:
Contact Martin Brossman to see how he can support your growth today: (919) 847-4757 or Martin@CoachingSupport.com