How to Broadcast Video at No Cost So the World Can See
by Martin Brossman and Greg Hyer
Broadcasting live from Google+
Did you know you can record a live video chat with someone or several people on Google Plus and broadcast it live over YouTube, for no cost. Yes, again WE are the new-media if we produce content that people want to see. Think about how profound this is. Every person can now be an influencer more than ever with Google+ Hangouts On Air. You now have the power to broadcast your Google Hangouts live as well as record them as YouTube videos. Google+ Hangouts is the web based live video chat that is a core part of Google+ and one of the many reasons to weave your network on Google+.
Here are the basic steps of broadcasting live from your computer and recording it on YouTube using Google+ Hangouts on Air:
1. You need a Google+ account as well as all the people participating in the live “Hangout.” Before your first broadcast you will need to connect your Google+ account to your YouTube account. If you don’t have a YouTube account, Google will assist you with this process. Once it is connected you will not have to worry about setting this up again.
2. Invite Circles or individuals to your live show by starting your Hangout. For Hangouts you are planning in the future, use the new Events feature. When you are ready to begin the live feed, click the “Start a Hangout” on the right side.
3. When you start your Hangout you will see an option to “Enable Hangouts On Air.” Select this option before you start the public broadcast and recording of your Hangout.
4. Then when ready, click in the upper right hand corner “Start your broadcast” and make sure to give 10 seconds before starting. (See our first example and notice how Martin into is cut off because we did know about the 10 second wait.)
5. When you are finished click on “End Hangout” stop.
Head over to YouTube to see your recording and embed it in a new blog post on your blog.
Here is a link to learn more from Google about Hangout Live: http://bit.ly/abouthangoutlive
We will be using Google+ Hangout On Air more to help deliver our free podcast on YouTube and embed it on LinkingIntoSales.com. In addition , we will be using a service that will extract the audio track and allow us to continue to release our podcast on iTunes and Stitcher. If you like, we can explain how we do this in a future post. Just comment below and we’ll help you out.
Keep in mind that Google does have certain requirements when broadcasting using Hangouts on Air. The standard YouTube rules apply. You cannot use content that you do not own the copyright to. As well, you cannot charge people to watch your Hangouts. You pay nothing to use Google+ there since you are not allowed to charge to have others access it.
Google+ Hangouts on Air can change the way you do business with your customers. If you have ever considered offering webinars, providing product demonstrations or having general conversations, Google+ Hangouts is a great solution. Expect Google to continue to develop Google+ into a feature-rich experience built upon their search engine and strengthen their platform to help you collaborate and communicate more easily.
Here is an example of posting from a live recording using Google+ Hangout On Air: http://bit.ly/LOlnOS
We invite you to enjoy more of Linking Into Sales and learn more about training for Sales Professionals with Martin Brossman and Greg Hyer.
Also hear our Podcast on iTunes: