After March 30th, Facebook will automatically convert all Facebook business pages to a new Timeline format similar to the personal Facebook profile (you can opt in earlier if you wish).
Here a few things you need to know and do:
1) Watch the Facebook Tutorial about Facebook Timeline for Business Pages:
2) You need two graphics to get started: Cover Photo and Profile picture
Cover photo: the large banner-sized featured photo
Profile photo: Smaller square picture that should be your logo or something that represents your business
3) Pick which 4 “apps” that are seen first by clicking on Edit in the upper right corner of the page. The Photo App is first, and a total of 4 pre-selected pictures will be displayed. You may change them by clicking on the down arrow to the right of the pictures. Then click on the little pencil icon in the upper right corner of the pictures to select the pictures you want displayed.
4) Two new important aspects of showcasing posts: Highlight and Pin
Highlighting a post occurs from clicking the star in the upper right hand corner of the page. This makes it doublewide and lets it stand out more.
Pinning a post (found under the edit button) will “pin” a post to the top of the page for 7 days. You can also un-pin it if you want it to no longer be at the top in less than 7 days. This lets you showcase the latest items.
5) I recommend publishing the page after you have gone through the tour and have the Cover Photo and Profile Picture updated.
If you have some custom pages, they will be gone. Everyone will just see what you have posted when they come to your page—why the quality of your posts is so important, as I have always said in all my training classes.
Contact Martin Brossman for group or one-on-one training at (919) 847-4757 or Martin@CoachingSupport.com
For people in North Carolina ask your Small Business Center or your Chamber of Commerce when they will be bring Martin Brossman back, and offer to bring people to the next class! http://NCSmallBusinessTraining.com
Facebook Explanation of the New Facebook Business Timeline
How should I choose a cover photo for my Page?
Facebook Pages Terms
Introducing New Facebook Pages
Facebook Brand Timelines: 6 Big Changes Every Marketer Needs to Understand